Cape Town in March
March has some of the best weather of the year since daytime temperatures are still balmy while the windy days of peak summertime fade away. Expect daytime temperatures in the mid 20°C/68°F, mild evenings, and little to no rain.
- March is a busy month for sports enthusiasts as Cape Town hosts the Cape Cycle Tour, Cape Epic, and the Two Oceans Marathon.
- The Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens in the Southern Suburbs hosts a series of much-loved open-air summer sunset concerts.
- The inner city hosts the colorful Cape Town Carnival and the International Jazz Festival at the international conference center.
- Music lovers can look forward to the KDay Festival at Meerendal Estate near Durbanville.
- The worldwide EDM festival, Ultra, comes to Cape Town in March. This popular event features a lineup of the world’s top dance music DJs.
March is much quieter than the peak holiday season, and flights and accommodation are cheaper. There aren’t many reasons not to do a Cape Town holiday in March but do take into account that the city becomes very congested and sees road closures during the big sporting events this month.