Table of Contents
By visiting discoverafrica.com you are consenting the following policy:
- Discover Africa is dedicated to protecting your online privacy.
- Visitors and users of this site are referred to as “user,” “you,” and “your,” and the Company, which includes Discover Africa in regard to data collecting and this Site, is referred to as “we,” “us,” and “our.”
- As defined by the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation, the Company processes personal data as a Controller (GDPR).
- The Information we collect and How we use it
- In order to subscribe to our newsletter, get our content, and/or purchase travel services or associated online products, we gather the personal information you willingly submit to us, such as your name and email address. Other types of personal information that we may gather are listed below.
- When you fill out a form, purchase a product, or contact us via email or social media, we collect data directly from you. When you use our website, we collect data from you as well. Third parties, such as payment processors, advertising networks, and/or analytics providers, may provide us with personal data. Your information is kept safe on a secure platform. We use your personal data for the processing described below or for a purpose that is fairly compatible with it.
- Information on usage. We may collect information about how you use our website and services. This information could include things like your IP address, browser type, operating system, geographic location, page views, website navigation paths, and the frequency and/or pattern of your visits to our website. Our analytics monitoring services, such as Google Analytics and others, collect this information. This information is used to analyze how people use the website, deliver relevant content and advertising, and gain a better understanding of who they are. Our legitimate interest in monitoring and developing the website, marketing, and services is the legal basis for processing.
- Information about customers. User data, such as name, email address, address, telephone number, credit-card number, and other pertinent data, may be processed in connection with product and/or service transactions. We use this information to provide you with content, products, and/or services, as well as to market you other relevant goods and services. Consent and your affirmative action to enter into such a contract with us, as well as the purchase and delivery of the contract between you and us, are the legal bases for processing.
- Personal Information. Personal information you supply us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications, free content, and/or newsletters, as well as communication data you provide to us via email, social media, or other posting and/or communication means, may be processed. We use this information to communicate with you, to present relevant website content, and to send you marketing materials, content, and/or emails. Consent or our legitimate interests, which are to build our business and retain documents that may be needed to undertake or defend a legal action, are the legal bases for this activity.
- Advertising and Marketing
- The information provided here may be used to send you marketing materials about our company or goods. Consent or our legitimate interests in growing our business are the legal bases for this type of processing.
- We may send you such communications if you have asked for them and/or have agreed to receive them. You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in each email or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any of the above Data could be used to target you with adverts, such as Facebook Ads and/or other similar ads. We may also use this information to determine how effective our advertising is. Our legitimate interest in growing our firm through marketing and advertising is the legal basis for this sort of processing.
- Sharing your Personal Data.
- We do share your information with trusted third parties who provide support in running this business and Website, as well as those parties and services that help administer our business.
- Your data will never be shared with unrelated third parties. We may disclose your information to payment service providers, administrative and marketing providers, business advisors, or third parties if we sell or transfer parts of our Company. Third parties we share your data with will keep it secure and respect your privacy under the law.
- Anti-spam Policy
- Small pieces of information that a website transmits to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing the Site are referred to as “cookies.” We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies (which expire when you exit your browser) (which stay on your computer until you delete them). Using your web browser settings, you may accept or deny cookies and tracking signals. Some portions of the Website may not function properly or at all if you opt to disable cookies. Your browser’s Do Not Track signals may cause our site to ignore them.
- Third Party Links
- Data Security and Breach Response
- We make every effort to keep your data safe from unauthorized access, abuse, or disclosure. We may give access to your personal information to our employees, contractors, and service providers that require it to perform their jobs. Employees and/or contractors will only have access to personal data when it is absolutely essential.
- We have mechanisms in place to respond if there is a potential breach of personal data. The breach will be recognized, the scope will be assessed, and if needed by law, reports and/or notifications will be issued.
- You acknowledge that third parties may have access to or tamper with the personal information you voluntarily share. You acknowledge that we are not liable for any intercepted information provided without our knowledge or permission through our Site. You also agree to hold us harmless from any and all lawsuits originating from or related to the unauthorized use of intercepted information. You undertake to tell us immediately if there is a security breach or unauthorized use of your personal information.
- Data Retention and Destruction
- Personal data that we process for any reason will not be stored for any longer than is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or to meet a legal or accounting requirement. Your information may be anonymised and used indefinitely for research purposes in some situations. Personal data will be erased or otherwise disposed of in a safe and secure manner if it no longer fits any of the aforementioned conditions.
- International Transfers
- Your data may be transferred to other countries and by using the Website, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside your country of residence. If you are located in the European Union, we may store and share your personal data with companies located outside of the European Economic Area. We will always do our best to ensure security of your data. We aim to use US-based providers that are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield. You may always request information on how and where your data is processed and stored.
- Changes to this Policy
- Your Rights
- You have the right to access, erase, correct, restrict, and/or object to our use and processing of your personal data under data protection regulations, as well as the right to data portability. You have the right to know how and where your information is processed. You have the right to withdraw your consent to the extent that it is the legal foundation for our processing. You have the right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe our processing violates data protection legislation.
- Our Information
- Discover Africa
Telephone Number: +27 (0)21 423 1912
Physical Address: 2nd floor, Tygervalley Chambers One,
27 Willie van Schoor Avenue, Bellville, Cape Town , 7530
Updated: [August 2021]
- Discover Africa