South African Bush to Mozambican Beach Holiday (8 days)
In this exciting safari holiday, you'll get to experience both Southern Africa's bush and beach beauty.
- Kruger National Park: Lion Sands Game Reserve will be your first stop. Nestled in the greater Sabi Sands Reserve, the area shares an unfenced border with the rest of the Kruger, offering wildlife sightings that are unmatched compared to other parks on the continent. Here you'll find the greatest concentration of leopards on earth, as well as the famous Big Five. Sip on sundowners every evening as the sun floats below the horizon. Heaven on earth.
- Mozambique: Mozambique is one of the most popular coastal countries for beach holidays. Locals flock to experience the unique Portuguese-influenced country's outstanding food, culture and marine life. In fact, Mozambique has more marine species along the coast, both migratory and resident, found on the planet. Two Mile Reef is a must-visit spot for snorkellers, divers and those who simply love the ocean. Relatively undeveloped, a vacation in the country makes you feel like you have the place to yourself.
- Both countries are malaria areas. Consult your healthcare professional for medication to prevent contraction.
- Whale sharks are a highlight in Mozambique. Visitors will have the opportunity to swim alongside these gentle giants. Chat to us about where to experience this thrilling activity.
- The best time to embark on this journey are the months of June to August. Little rainfall means clear, sunny days; perfect for those who want to escape the Northen Hemisphere's colder months.
- We recommend extending your itinerary to include a visit to Cape Town while you're in South Africa. The weather is a little cooler, but you can expect low-season prices.
This well-rounded itinerary, with stays at prime luxury establishments means you'll make memories for years to come...
Costing tip: When comparing with other companies, remember most of them only show the low season rate. How pricing works >
What to Expect on This Safari
This popular itinerary can be customised to match your budget and travel dates by adding/removing a few days or selecting different lodges
1 to 2 to 3
Welcome to the Kruger National Park
- Your journey begins with a flight from Johannesburg to Skukuza Airport situated in the Kruger Park. On arrival, you will be met by a lodge representative and enjoy a short transfer to Narina Lodge which will be your home for the next three nights.
- Dependant on your flight arrival time, you should be in time to enjoy lunch at the lodge followed by your afternoon game drive and have your first opportunity to spot some wildlife.
- Two full days to enjoy the incredible game viewing on offer in this region of the Kruger National Park, a morning and afternoon game drive per day is included in your stay. Take a break with some downtime to enjoy the facilities of the lodge such as relaxing on your private deck with a plunge pool, reading a book or exchanging stories with other guests. You can also spend a night in a luxury treehouse for an uninterrupted overnight experience that cannot be replicated (this is at an extra cost).
4 to 5 to 6 to 7
Off to Vilanculos, Mozambique
- Today you sadly bid farewell to the Kruger National Park, but head off to Mozambique where you have some time to truly relax after a busy few days on safari. You will be transferred to Skukuza Airport for your flight to Vilanculos and on arrival will be met by a representative from Santorini for your transfer to the resort.
- Your days will be spent enjoying the facilities on offer at the resort such as kayaks, stand-up paddling, snorkelling, beach volleyball, beach cricket and fishing equipment is available. You can also enjoy a guided tour of Vilanculos which is included in your stay as well as a snorkelling excursion.
- Options activities at an extra cost include: spa treatments, scuba diving, boat trips, scenic helicopter flights, deep sea fishing, dhow sailing and horse safaris.
End of Journey
This morning after breakfast, you will be transferred to Vilanculos Airport for your flight back to Johannesburg Airport where you can connect with your onward journey.
You Might Also Like
This itinerary offers the opportunity to visit some of Africa's most popular destinations including one of the Natural Wonders of the World... Cape Town: Resting at the confluence of the Indian and Atlantic oceans, sandwiched between the…
Thornybush Private Reserve is South Africa’s premier private game viewing destination. Extensive wildlife studies, documentaries are various anti-poaching and conservation measures have been implemented at this incredible reserve, making for…
The famous Kruger National Park is one of the largest dedicated game reserves in Africa. Thousands of visitors come to the Kruger National Park each year to experience the best in game viewing, the Big Five and luxury accommodation. This…