Migration Safari in Kenya and Tanzania (8 days)
Come and witness the wildebeest migration in two of Africa's most iconic wildlife destinations - Kenya's Masai Mara National Reserve and Tanzania's Serengeti National Park.
Approximately two million wildebeest, including animals such as zebra and gazelles move anually in an endless cycle across Tanzania’s Serengeti and Kenya’s Masai Mara in search for better grass and water resources. However, they're closely followed by predators such as lion, leopard and cheetah, which makes for spectacular game viewing that few can match.
Costing tip: When comparing with other companies, remember most of them only show the low season rate. How pricing works >
What to Expect on This Safari
This popular itinerary can be customised to match your budget and travel dates by adding/removing a few days or selecting different lodges
Arrival in the Masai Mara
- On arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, you will be met and transported to Governors’ Camp. This will be your home for the next three nights with all your meals included.
- Governors' Camp is situated in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara National Reserve.nestled in the forest along the winding banks of the Mara River. Here, you will a the epic Wildebeest Migration during game drives, as well as the Big Five. The perfect photographic opportunity.
Meals: Full board
Serengeti National Park
- After breakfast, you'll bid Kenya farewell and transferred to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your flight to Kilimanjaro International Airport. When you arrive at the Kilimanjaro International Airport, you will be transported to Serengeti Sopa Lodge where you will stay two for nights with all your meals included.
- Serengeti Sopa Lodge is perched on a hilltop overlooking the vast plains of Serengeti National Park, Tanzania’s leading park. Encounter the Big Fiveas well as superb birdwatching.
Meals: Full board
- After spending two nights at Serengeti Sopa Lodge, you will be transported to Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge where you will stay on a full board basis for two nights. Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge is situated on the eastern rim of the Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania.
- Explore magnificent views of the crater which is home to a vast number of buffalo, wildebeest, zebra, Black rhino, elephant, cheetah, leopard, lion and herds of wildebeest.
Meals: Full board
End of journey
Today is your last day of your Kenya and Tanzania migration safari. Enjoy your final morning activities followed by a leisurely breakfast before being collected at the hotel and transferred to the Arusha International Airport, where you'll board your connecting flight back home.
You Might Also Like
Begin your journey in northern Tanzania at the pristine Ngorongoro Crater, an extinct volcano that collapsed millions of years ago, creating one of the world's biggest calderas. As a result of this natural phenomenon, the fertile rich soils…
These mass ungulate herds cross plains and rivers as the season's change and rain-ripened grass are depleted in their area, forcing them to move on to the next.
Let HerdTracker help you to track the movement of the migratory herds, allowing you to book a migration safari in order to experience the great migration first-hand. We’ve compiled a safari that will be perfect for you to explore the…
Nowhere in the world is there a movement of animals as immersing as the wildebeest migration, over two million animals migrate from the Serengeti National Park in Tanzania to the greener pastures of the Maasai Mara National Reserve in Kenya…