South Africa Visa Requirements and Fees
- All visitors must present a passport upon arrival at their port of entry. This must be valid until at least 30 days after the end of their intended stay and must have at least one blank page to accommodate entry and exit stamps.
- Technically, visitors should also have a return or onward ticket and be able to demonstrate access to sufficient funds to cover day-to-day expenses for the duration of their stay, but these requirements are seldom enforced.
- Visas for stays of up to 90 days are not required by holders of the following passports: Australia, Andorra, Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Botswana, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Paraguay, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Spain, St Vincent & the Grenadines, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania (90 days per year), United Kingdom (including Guernsey and Jersey, Isle of Man and the Virgin Islands, and British Overseas territories), United States of America, Uruguay, Venezuela, and Zimbabwe.
- Visas for stays of up to 30 days are not required by holders of the following passports: Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Belize, Benin, Bolivia, Cape Verde, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Gabon, Guyana, Hong Kong, Hungary, Jordan, Lesotho, Macau, Malaysia, Malawi, Maldives, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Peru, Poland, Seychelles, Slovak Republic, South Korea, Swaziland, Thailand, Turkey, and Zambia.
- Holders of other passports must organize a visa in advance and require at least two unused pages for endorsements. A multiple-entry visa is required for those planning an air or road excursion from South Africa to another neighboring country.
- A strictly enforced new ruling to curtail child trafficking requires that all children under 18 show an unabridged birth certificate upon arrival in or exit from South Africa (or if a visa is necessary when they apply for that). If the child is traveling with one or neither parent, a parental consent affidavit or equivalent document from the absent parent(s) is also required.
Travel with Confidence
With over 20 years of experience, our team will help you choose the perfect African safari for your adventure.
Experience our Tailor-made Tours in South Africa
Why travel with us?
Recent reviews from travellers who planned and booked their Africa trips with Discover Africa Safaris
Absolutely amazing advice, support and execution. Susan is a superstar!
Trip organised in a totally professional manner with a high level of...
Outstanding trip to Botswana and Zimbabwe.
You are all stars at Discover Africa Safaris. Thank you for your...
Copyright © Discover Africa Safaris | South Africa Visa Requirements and Fees | Last Updated: 21 Jun 2023