Blissful Mozambique Honeymoon Holiday (6 days)
Benguerra is the second biggest island in the entire Bazaruto Archipelago and it’s geographically interesting as it used to be a part of the mainland thousands of years ago. Today, it’s one of the most sought after beach destinations in Mozambique and a great part of the world for a honeymoon in Africa.
The Archipelago main attraction is its extensive coral reefs, which lie in crystal-clear water warmed by the Mozambique Current. In addition to the array of dazzling and oddly shaped fish that inhabit the coral gardens, marine turtles, humpback whales and three species of dolphin are frequent visitors. The islands are also renowned for their challenging game fishing, with marlin, barracuda and various sailfish among the more alluring targets for anglers.
Costing tip: When comparing with other companies, remember most of them only show the low season rate. How pricing works >
What to Expect on This Safari
This popular itinerary can be customised to match your budget and travel dates by adding/removing a few days or selecting different lodges
Arrival in Africa
- Begin your journey with a flight from Johannesberg to Vilanculos.
- Upon arrival, you'll be whisked away to your 5-star lodge via helicopter. Take in the beautiful sights of Mozambiques tropical island on your trip.
- Spend the rest of your day at leisure.
- Your stay on the island can incorporate as much of the activities as you'd like to do, or as little.
- Activities included in your stay are limited to one per day and are sea kayaking, sunset Dhow cruises and scheduled snorkelling trips.
- Additional activities on offer at extra costs include: scuba diving, helicopter sightseeing, horse riding safaris along the pristine beaches of the island.
End of journey
Make your way back to Vilanculous via helicopter to connect with your flight to Johannesburg for your onwards travel arrangements.
Recommended Iteniraries and Tours
In this exciting safari holiday, you'll get to experience both Southern Africa's bush and beach beauty...
Combining the bush and the wildlife found in the famous Sabi Sand in the Kruger National Park with a tropical stay in one of the sublime lodges of Mozambique's Ponta Mamoli...
Spend 5 romantic nights at Ibo Island Lodge, situated in the magical Quirimbas Archipelago in Northern Mozambique. ...
Powder white beaches and crystal clear, warm ocean water is what honeymoons are made of - and this is the perfect honeymoon option for you if this is what you are looking for. ...