What’s on offer?
Working alongside an energetic and enthusiastic group of people, you’ll help create everlasting memories for our clients as they travel amazing Africa.
Who are we?
Discover Africa Group is a team of innovative, experienced, and ambitious go-getters passionate about sharing Africa’s best with travellers from all around the world. Our company consists of Discover Africa Safaris, which specialises in bespoke luxury safari travel in Southern and East Africa, and Drive South Africa – Africa’s leading online rental car comparison and booking engine. Whether it’s helping to plan an unforgettable tailor-made African safari or enabling an epic self-drive road trip, our undying mission is to showcase Africa’s unique natural beauty and diverse cultures. We’ve been there and done that so we know exactly what it takes to experience Africa at its finest!
We pride ourselves on our excellent customer satisfaction (we’re consistently rated 5 stars) and strive to deliver exceptional experiences for every traveller that entrusts us with their African adventure. Having survived and bounced back from COVID, we are looking to expand our current team of 40 to 80 members by 2026. Our digital marketing and development projects are run in-house with a close-knit team of permanent staff, contractors and agencies. Together, we act as a dedicated “internal agency” producing quality work for our core brands.
We’re friendly, supportive, personal and professional. We understand that we’re not selling a product – we’re in the business of making travellers’ dreams come true. Discover Africa Group is based in the northern suburbs of Cape Town, so you may be travelling against traffic on your daily commute.
Who are we looking for?
Generate outstanding results, high performance, conversion and profitability by supporting the Sales Manager and Team.
What perks can you look forward to?
- A competitive salary with performance-based incentives
- 15 working days of annual leave on full pay during each annual leave cycle
- After 2 years, earn 1 extra annual paid leave day per year up to a max of 25 days
- Paid birthday leave – because no one should work on their birthday!
- Unlimited, pre-approved leave for training, including educational travel
- Unlimited, pre-approved training reimbursement upon successful completion
- Professional development opportunities
- Participate in company-wide recognition & reward, social activities and wellness program
- A team led by actively engaged owners who encourage a caring and positive culture
- Working alongside a diverse and dedicated team of professionals
- Africa travel opportunities at discounted rates
Sound like the right fit for you? Read on for the detailed job description below
- Administer and maintain supplier rates
- Load and update products and services onto CRM System
- Monitor and action all feedback solicited via Customer Review programs
- Dealing with client complaints (telephonically and via email)
- Liaise with suppliers regarding queries on invoices
- Distribution of enquiries
- Draw up Commission Statements for Agents, Affiliates, Tour Ops and Corporate Companies.
- Research and compilation of information for Specials and Newsletters
- Daily monitoring & reporting on sales staff performance and figures
- Ad Hoc duties as required by Sales Managers
- Matric / Grade 12 is essential
- At least 3 years Customer service experience with sales (face-to-face or telesales)
- Previous database administration experience essential
- Tourism background and Tourplan system experience an advantage
- Computer Literate – MS Office Skills, Knowledge & Attributes
- Excellent communicator
- Time management skills
- Organised and able to multitask
- Excellent attention to detail
- Negotiation and Problem-solving
- Ability to work under pressure
Ready to apply?
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org