Are you wanting to learn fast while gaining exposure to all aspects of digital marketing: SEO, paid, social media, email marketing, content production, research, AI, web development, website administration and more? Then this Internship is for you!
You need to embrace a positive “how can I help” and “what more can I learn” attitude, in order to uncover your marketing superpower. This opportunity allows you to develop professional workplace experience, whilst bringing your tertiary education, energy and creativity to the table.
What’s on offer?
Our marketing team is a young, dynamic and results-driven group looking for smart, creative and hard-working interns with integrity to join us. This is a 6-month contract position where you`re guaranteed to learn and also get paid while doing it.
Who are we?
Discover Africa Group is a team of innovative, experienced, and ambitious go-getters passionate about sharing Africa’s best with travellers from all around the world. Our company consists of Discover Africa Safaris, which specialises in bespoke luxury safari travel in Southern and East Africa, and Drive South Africa – Africa’s leading online rental car comparison and booking engine. Whether it’s helping to plan an unforgettable tailor-made African safari or enabling an epic self-drive road trip, our undying mission is to showcase Africa’s unique natural beauty and diverse cultures. We’ve been there and done that so we know exactly what it takes to experience Africa at its finest!
We pride ourselves on our excellent customer satisfaction (we’re consistently rated 5 stars) and strive to deliver exceptional experiences for every traveller that entrusts us with their African adventure. Having survived and bounced back from COVID, we are looking to expand our current team of 40 to 80 members by 2026.
Our digital marketing and development projects are run in-house with a close-knit team of permanent staff, contractors and agencies. Together, we act as a dedicated “internal agency” producing quality work for our core brands. We’re friendly, supportive, personal and professional. We understand that we’re not selling a product – we’re in the business of making travellers’ dreams come true.
Discover Africa Group is based in the northern suburbs of Cape Town, so you may be travelling against traffic on your daily commute.
Sound like the right fit for you? Read on for the detailed job description below
- Learn fast
- Learn from mistakes
- Ask questions
- Gain exposure to all digital marketing areas:
- Social media
- Email marketing
- Content production
- Web development
- Website administration And more…
- Research and present one new marketing opportunity
- Complete all assigned tasks independently, effectively, consistently
- Collaborate proactively with the marketing team and other teams
- Communicate clearly with team members and superiors
- Participate in ideation and brainstorming
- Follow direction from seniors to execute tasks in specific digital channels, adapting to the evolving needs of the team
- Assist in creating engaging content for various digital platforms in line with the direction given by the relevant team members
- Take on ad-hoc tasks as assigned
- Qualification Degree or Diploma in Marketing or related field
- Skills, Knowledge & Attributes
- Strong web user
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Drive, team collaboration tools
- Adept at learning new digital tools and platforms
- Adapt quickly to different responsibilities as guided
- Able to multi-task and take initiative
- Strong communication skills to maintain transparent dialogue about task progress, challenges, and deadlines.
- Proactive approach to responsibilities
- Always seeking opportunities to learn and grow.
- Able to work both independently and as a part of a team
Ready to apply?
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Digital Marketing Internship”