What’s on offer?
An exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team of consultants and be involved in curating luxury tailor-made safaris for our guests. Working alongside an energetic and enthusiastic group of people, you’ll help create everlasting memories for our clients as they travel amazing Africa.
Who are we?
Discover Africa Group is a team of innovative, experienced, and ambitious go-getters, passionate about sharing Africa’s best with travellers from all around the world.
Our company consists of Discover Africa Safaris, which specialises in bespoke luxury safari travel in Southern and East Africa, and Drive South Africa, Africa’s leading online rental car comparison and booking engine.
Whether it’s helping to plan an unforgettable tailor-made African safari or enabling an epic self-drive road trip, our undying mission is to showcase Africa’s unique natural beauty and diverse cultures. We’ve been there and done that, so we know exactly what it takes to experience Africa at its finest!
We pride ourselves on our excellent customer satisfaction (we’re consistently rated 5 stars) and strive to deliver exceptional experiences for every traveller that entrusts us with their African adventure.
Having survived and bounced back from COVID, we are looking to expand our current team of 40 to 80 members by 2026.
We’re friendly, supportive and professional and understand that we’re not selling a product – we’re in the business of making travellers’ dreams come true.
Discover Africa Group is based in the northern suburbs of Cape Town, so you may be travelling against traffic on your daily commute.
Who are we looking for?
Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record of achieving monthly targets and conversion rates, achieving high service levels, and acquiring and maintaining client and supplier relationships. You’ll also have a positive, can-do attitude.
What perks can you look forward to?
- A competitive salary
- Increased earning potential with monthly commissions
- 15 working days of annual leave on full pay during each annual leave cycle
- After 2 years, earn 1 extra annual paid leave day per year, up to a max of 25 days
- Paid birthday leave – because no one should work on their birthday!
- Unlimited, pre-approved leave for training, including educational travel
- Professional development opportunities
- Hybrid working opportunities where the environment and role allows
- A team led by actively engaged owners who encourage a caring and positive culture
- Working alongside a diverse and dedicated team of professionals
- Africa travel opportunities at discounted rates
Sound like the right fit for you? Read the detailed job description below.
- Manage the entire client interaction from enquiry to post travel
- Sharing your first-hand knowledge of African destinations with potential clients
- Preparing exceptional quotations and itineraries matching clients expectations and budget
- Managing the entire booking process with a high level of attention to detail
- Invoicing and collecting client payments
- Ensuring all travel documents are accurate and of the highest standard
- Providing top-level customer support at all stages – before, during and after travel
- Meeting all monthly sales targets
- Going the extra mile to ensure exceptional customer service and a wow factor to all our clients
- Manage all internal systems and procedures efficiently and effectively
- Qualification & Job Requirements
- Tertiary qualification in Travel and Tourism
- Knowledge of various software systems – Tourplan, CRM, Google workspace
- Strong knowledge of African destinations, logistics and properties
- 5+ years’ experience in the tourism industry specifically selling African safaris
- 5+ experience in a sales environment dealing with direct consumers
- Skills, Knowledge & Attributes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior interpersonal and organisation skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, accept challenges and work under pressure
- Driven sales and customer service skills
- Capable of self-management & self-actualization
- Highly flexible with the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Diligent, high degree of perseverance and attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Ready to apply?
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Africa Safari Expert”