What’s on offer?
An exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team of consultants and be involved creating an incredible self-drive experience for our clients. Working alongside an energetic and enthusiastic group of people, you’ll help create everlasting memories for our clients as they travel amazing Africa.
Who are we?
Discover Africa Group is a team of innovative, experienced, and ambitious go-getters, passionate about sharing Africa’s best with travellers from all around the world. Our company consists of Discover Africa Safaris, which specialises in bespoke luxury safari travel in Southern and East Africa, and Drive South Africa, Africa’s leading online rental car comparison and booking engine.
Whether it’s helping to plan an unforgettable tailor-made African safari or enabling an epic self-drive road trip, our undying mission is to showcase Africa’s unique natural beauty and diverse cultures. We’ve been there and done that, so we know exactly what it takes to experience Africa at its finest!
We pride ourselves on our excellent customer satisfaction (we’re consistently rated 5 stars) and strive to deliver exceptional experiences for every traveller that entrusts us with their African adventure. Having survived and bounced back from COVID, we are looking to expand our current team of 40 to 80 members by 2026. We’re friendly, supportive, personal, and professional and understand that we’re not selling a product – we’re in the business of making travellers’ dreams come true.
Discover Africa Group is based in the northern suburbs of Cape Town, so you may be travelling against traffic on your daily commute.
Who are we looking for?
Our ideal candidate will deliver exceptional 4×4 rental advice and service within the Drive South Africa team that gives a distinct competitive advantage and which converts into a high percentage of enquiries and drives repeat and referral business.
What perks can you look forward to?
- A competitive salary
- 15 working days of annual leave on full pay during each annual leave cycle
- After 2 years, earn 1 extra annual paid leave day per year, up to a max of 25 days
- Paid birthday leave – because no one should work on their birthday!
- Professional development opportunities
- A team led by actively engaged owners who encourage a caring and positive culture
- Working alongside a diverse and dedicated team of professionals
- Africa travel opportunities at discounted rates
Sound like the right fit for you? Read the detailed job description below.
- Attend to enquiries received from all lead-generating platforms within a timeous manner.
- Profile clients to ensure a suitable vehicle is offered for the type of travel and areas the client will be travelling to.
- Provide comprehensive information to clients with regards to vehicle equipment, travel restrictions and route planning.
- Daily Follow-up emails to be sent to enquiries attended to, ensuring a minimum conversion rate of 30% is maintained.
- Accurately execute all reservations and check that information corresponds with quotation supplied and Tourplan data.
- Action all special requests and ancillary products required, taking special care with vehicle Cross Border applications.
- Create travel documentation (vouchers and confirmation emails) that is precise, providing all essential information required for a perfect hire experience.
- Assist clients with failed payment attempts and offer alternative methods to pay.
- Guide clients on supplier operating hours to ensure there is no conflict with arrival/departure flight times.
- Circulate relevant Cancellation & No Show policy with quotations and confirmations.
- Cancellations to be actioned with the supplier in a timeous manner and submit refund documentation for processing.
- Continue to provide a concierge service to clients post booking through to their return, assisting with all invoice queries and requests.
- Offer comprehensive advice and guidance as requested.
- Maintain the enquiry management dashboard (via Tourplan) at all times resulting in an accurate reflection of the status to enable accurate reporting.
- Complaints to be prioritised until the situation is amicably resolved.
- Weekend and After Hours Duty to be worked as scheduled
- Assist with the after hours/emergency phone
- Assist with additional tasks as and when required.
- Qualification & Job Requirements
- Tertiary qualification in travel/tourism an advantage
- 3-5 years Customer Service Experience with sales (face to face or telesales)
- 4×4 and camper van rental sales experience an added advantage
- Strong knowledge of Africa and self-drive destinations
- Skills, Knowledge & Attributes
- Computer Literate – MS Office / Google Workplace
- Tourplan system knowledge an advantage
- Must have driver’s licence and own transport
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good time management and problem solving skills
- Strong admin and organisational skills
- Driven sales and customer service skills
- Highly flexible with ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Ready to apply?
Please send your CV to email@example.com with the subject line “4×4 Rental Consultant”