What’s on offer?
An exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team and assist the current team of safari consultants in being able to deliver an exceptional and efficient service for our clients.
Who are we?
Discover Africa Group is a team of innovative, experienced, and ambitious go-getters, passionate about sharing Africa’s best with travellers from all around the world. Our company consists of Discover Africa Safaris, which specialises in bespoke luxury safari travel in Southern and East Africa, and Drive South Africa, Africa’s leading online rental car comparison and booking engine.
Whether it’s helping to plan an unforgettable tailor-made African safari or enabling an epic self-drive road trip, our undying mission is to showcase Africa’s unique natural beauty and diverse cultures. We’ve been there and done that, so we know exactly what it takes to experience Africa at its finest!
We pride ourselves on our excellent customer satisfaction (we’re consistently rated 5 stars) and strive to deliver exceptional experiences for every traveller that entrusts us with their African adventure. Having survived and bounced back from COVID, we are looking to expand our current team of 40 to 80 members by 2026. We’re friendly, supportive, personal, and professional and understand that we’re not selling a product – we’re in the business of making travellers’ dreams come true.
Discover Africa Group is based in the northern suburbs of Cape Town, so you may be travelling against traffic on your daily commute.
Who are we looking for?
- Our ideal candidate needs to be self-driven with excellent communication, organisational and time-management skills and general knowledge of Southern and/or East Africa.
- What perks can you look forward to?
- A competitive salary
- 15 working days of annual leave on full pay during each annual leave cycle
- After 2 years, earn 1 extra annual paid leave day per year, up to a max of 25 days
- Paid birthday leave – because no one should work on their birthday!
- Professional development opportunities
- A team led by actively engaged owners who encourage a caring and positive culture
- Working alongside a diverse and dedicated team of professionals
- Africa travel opportunities at discounted rates
Sound like the right fit for you? Read the detailed job description below.
- Create itineraries in WETU for the team of consultants.
- Issue of all travel documentation – Itineraries, Vouchers, flights, etc.
- Check availability of requested suppliers.
- Make provisional bookings, including the holding of flights.
- Confirm bookings and issue of flights.
- Ensure all dietary and special requests are noted with suppliers.
- Reconfirm all travel services for all clients due to travel.
- Assist with loading of bookings into the Reservations System.
- Assist with Invoicing.
- Assist with updating of CRM.
- Assisting the Product, Marketing and Sales Team with any ad-hoc duties.
- Qualification & Job Requirements
- Travel and Tourism Degree
- Computer literate – MS Office / Google Workplace
- Tourplan and WETU system knowledge an advantage
- 2+ years’ experience in the tourism industry specifically in the inbound safari industry
- 2+ experience in an administrative/sales support role within the tourism industry
- Skills, Knowledge & Attributes
- Superior interpersonal skills and a high level of emotional intelligence
- Remain calm and professional under pressure
- Driven customer service skills
- Capable of self-management & self-actualization
- Highly flexible with ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Diligent, high degree of perseverance and attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of African destinations, logistics and properties
- A friendly and supportive attitude
Ready to apply?
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Admin Assistant”