Table Mountain Hiking
Half Day Guided activity in Cape Town, South Africa
Table Mountain hiking is an adventure that everyone needs to experience at least once in their lives. The amazing vistas of the city centre and the fynbos surrounds will only enchant and delight.
Cape Town’s iconic Table Mountain is a sight to behold. Experiencing this majestic landmark in its entirety is easily done with a hiking tour to the top of the mountain.
One will be able to trek to the peak of Table Mountain, enjoying each step and crevice along the way.
Steeped in an ancient history that resonates throughout the mountain, coupled with the immense fynbos vegetation surrounds, Table Mountain encapsulates beauty and majesty in one fell swoop.
This day tour to the top of Table Mountain, begins at the Platteklip Gorge.
Remember to bring your spirit of adventure with you, as you will surely need it to keep you moving forward on your mountainous ascent.
- Priced from ZAR 700 pp Priced from ZAR 700 pp
Time Needed for Table Mountain Hiking
The hike takes approximately 2 to 3 hours to complete, ending off in a 3 minute cable car ride back to ground level.
Tips & Advice: Table Mountain Hiking
Best Time To Do It
The best time to climb Table Mountain is any time of the year. Preferably during the day, as visibility gets tricky as the sun goes down.
How To Get There
Once in Cape Town, one could easily catch a taxi to the foot of Table Mountain and the Cable way, or alternatively, hire a car for the day.
What To Bring
- Hiking boots that are comfy to walk in
- Comfy trousers or shorts – there is a lot of climbing involved, so mentally prepare for that...
- A warm sweater for once you have reached the pinnacle
- Sun block – to protect against the harsh African sun
- A bottle of water
- Sunglasses or a cap – to shield your eyes against the brilliant sunlight whilst climbing
Food, Drinks & Snacks
A packed lunch is included in this full day tour of Table Mountain.
Similar Things To Do
You may be interested in these related activities:
Tour Details: Table Mountain Hiking
- Transport to Table Mountain
- A guided hike
- A packed lunch
Cost of the cable car ride back down. (Prices begin at approximately R150 per person)
A Mercedes Sprinter is utilized as mode of transportation for this particular tour.
Pick Up & Drop Off Details
- Cape Town CBD (times to be advised by tour operators)
- Atlantic Seaboard (times to be advised by tour operators)
- Victoria & Alfred Waterfront (times to be advised by tour operators)