Tanzania June/July Great Migration Safari with HerdTracker (9 days)
This June/July explore the great wildebeest migration from the view of Tanzania’s most popular destinations - Arusha, Tarangire National Park, Ngorongoro Crater and the Central Serengeti.
Located just a few hours drive from the town of Arusha, Tarangire is a popular stop for safaris travelling through the northern circuit on their way to the Ngorongoro and the Serengeti.
After the Serengeti, Tarangire has the greatest concentration of wildlife in Tanzania and in the dry season, the Tarangire River is a magnet for thirsty wildlife. Tarangire is known for its spectacular baobab trees and its breathtaking views of the Masai Steppe as well as the mountains to the south. Highlights will be spotting large herds of elephant and the migratory wildebeest, zebra, buffalo, impala, gazelle, hartebeest, eland and various predators.
The Ngorongoro Crater offers views of large herds of zebra and wildebeest during the migration season, as well as lion, leopard, elephant and black rhino.
Together with Kenya's Masai Mara Game Park, the Serengeti forms part of Africa’s most famous wildlife park. The annual wildebeest migration through the Serengeti and the Masai Mara is the largest movement of land mammals on the planet - with more than a million animals following the rains. Aside from traditional vehicle safaris, hot-air ballooning over the Serengeti plains has become almost essential and you can even do a horseback safari.
The beautiful and exclusive camp in the northeast Tanzania is perched on the rim of the world-famous Ngorongoro Crater, offering some of the most breathtaking views. The crater is the result of a volcano that exploded about three million years ago and collapsed on itself, creating what is toady an expanse of about 240 square kilometres which today teems with wildlife, beautiful rivers and forests.
Show price in
USD $6,290 - $6,290
GBP £5,045 - £5,045
ZAR R88,102 - R88,102
EUR €5,600 - €5,600
International flights not included.
Costing tip: When comparing with other companies, remember most of them only show the low season rate. How pricing works >
What to Expect on This Safari
This popular itinerary can be customised to match your budget and travel dates by adding/removing a few days or selecting different lodges
Welcome to Tanzania
- On arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport, you will be met and transferred to The African Tulip Hotel. This will be your home for one night, bed and breakfast included.
- The African Tulip is an elegant and charming luxury boutique hotel, located along Serengeti Road in the heart of Arusha.
Meals: Bed and Breakfast
2 to 3
Tarangire National Park | Lake Manyara
- Today you'll be transported to the Maramboi Tented Camp, where you’ll stay on a full-board basis for two nights. The camp offers permanent campsite facilities and endless vistas of rolling, golden grasslands and desert plains between Tarangire and the Manyara Lake. A visit to the area is essential for anyone interested in evolution and the origin of mankind.
- Explore the roots of earth on a special walk that will lead you to the close shores of Lake Manyara near the Rift Valley. The walk lasts about one hour, after which you’ll enjoy sundowners and snacks on the shores of Lake Manyara and a game drive to complete the experience.
Meals: Full Board
4 to 5
- Embark on a drive to Ngorongoro National Park, where you’ll spend two nights with all meals and activities included in Pakulala Luxury Safari Camp.
- Bird-watching is another popular pastime because of the such a large variety of species. You'll have the opportunity to learn more about the traditions and culture of the local Masai tribe on an enlightening day-tour to the nearby village. Each night will be spent gathered around a campfire, where you can absorb the quintessential African sunset before dinner.
- Day trips include game drives in the Lake Manyara National Park and a full day at Ngorongoro Crater with a packed picnic lunch.
Meals: Full Board
6 to 8
Serengeti National Park
- Enjoy all your meals and activities for three nights in the Serengeti Kati Kati Tented Camp. The camp offers comfortable accommodation and is only a two-hour scenic drive from Olduvai Gorge Museum and the Grumeti River.
- Enjoy game drives and the possibility of an optional and unique hot air balloon safari in the Serengeti National Park where you can watch the great wildebeest migration from a unique vantage point, followed by a hearty breakfast.
Meals: Full Board
End of Journey
After breakfast and scheduled activities, you will be transferred to Seronera Airport for your flight back to Kilimanjaro Airport for your onward journey.